Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I registered Republican when I was 18

When I was 18 years, had no idea what I was doing, and read Seventeen magazine I was asked for my party affiliation. It was an easy choice. Republican. They had given me a great bottle opener when I was at a party (oh by the way I was 17 and they offered me alcohol.....hush fills the room). So I checked off Republican and off I went.

12 years later I have learned something! I now watch the View and see myself cheering for Whoopi(go girl!) or hoping Joy makes another great joke , or even wishing Sherri the best (although she might possibly belond to the same world is flat group as Palin) while watching dear old Hassel my ass go on and on and on and on about another thing. The thing that bugs me so much about her is can she ever say "hey McCain was wrong on that" or "hmmmmm Palin probably shouldn't have said that". NO! Even dear old Barb asked her if she could ever see the other side and she just couldn't.

I find this type of behavior in Republicans always. Yes a steretype but hey this blog isn't to be PC. My favorite is when they say on Larry King Live discussions "can i finish" yet they talk over everyone. Is this just me who finds this annoying? Also since when did morality become the McCain/Palin ticket. Let us remember McCain left his wife for Cindy (that is right Cindy so take that big cross off your neck) and Palin and Mr. Dude Palin had a baby 7 months after they were married (but my guess is they are going to argue PREMIE). If that had been Obama's girls having babies you know Palin would be saying "where is their babies daddies" or whatever scary black sounding phrase she could come up with to freak out the morons listening to her. That is right. She would have spun this into a black girl gets pregnant ghetto not so fabulous story RIGHT AWAY. Actually that might win her more votes than her current terrorist tactic.

All I can say is the Republican Party was the best party on campus. Because I was able to check my morals and values at the door, have a great time, not care about any consequences, what is right or wrong and was just in it for the glory of a good time. Oh and like our dear friends John and Sarah I really felt after that 5th beer that I was the FUCKING MAVERICK!

No comments: